Monday 28 July 2014

About Flook D. doo ,furniture and wood work company in London


Heylos got to talk to Spartan Rubacha , the Owner/Operator at flook d. doo fine furniture & woodwork, 2317 South Lavant Rd. Lanark, Canada

About Flook D. Doo:  creates fine, one of kind pieces of furniture using hardwoods from around the world.  We work together with our clients to create custom designs to suit their needs, as well as offering many pieces online, built on spec. Often described as Modern Renaissance Art, our furniture is refined, yet still retains a handmade sensibility, as well as a sense of rustic whimsy.  A Flook D. Doo purchase is always an addition of both function and style to your home.


Klein Cabinet

Are you an artist/creative person/ art admirer?
I think I'm all of the above.  You need to admire a certain amount of art to fuel your own creativity.

How is art important in people’s lives?
I believe art just adds a bit of joy, especially if it's also functional.  Art's job is to beautify your surroundings and put a smile on your face.

Do you have a favorite artist? Why do you like him/her?        
James Krenov.  Not only is his furniture the perfect combination of beauty, function, and minimalism, but his philosophy on wood and furniture extremely admirable.

What's your favorite place to see art?
Do you have a gallery/museum-going routine? My favorite place to see art is in peoples' homes.  I like to see it where it lives, and where it is enjoyed.

Do you own any pieces of art? If so, what are they?    
Currently the only art in our house are the pieces for my upcoming line of rustic & repurposed furniture.

If you are an artist,What’s your favorite piece of work that you have created?
The Klein Cabinet is my favorite so far.  It may sound like an odd choice, but I love the asymmetry and simplicity among many other small details. 

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm just finishing up a walnut & birch coffee table for donation to the Snowflake Ball in support of CHEO in Ottawa.

Do you sell your work? If so, where all do you sell your work?          
I do a number of art shows in the Ottawa area where I sell my work, but most of my business comes through my website.  www.flookddoo.com

If you are an artist, do you make a living off your art?
I've been making furniture for about 4 years now and am just beginning to make a full time living from my work.

Do you think your country’s government gives enough financial support to local artists?
There are apparently some government programs; however they're not easy to find.  Almost as if they don't want you to know about them.

Do you support local artists? If so how?
            I meet a lot of other artists at art shows and I love to pass on their info to friends and customers.

What are you doing when you’re not creating? What (other) hobbies do you have?
I'm an avid baseball fan; in fact, I name most of my furniture after hall of fame ball players.  I also play a little music in a local band.

What would people be surprised to learn about you? 
My girlfriend and I live in a 100 year old church in the small hamlet of Poland, Ontario, Canada.

Technically, what would you consider to be a piece of art? Why?    
I have a very broad definition of art.  In my opinion, if you create something and you call it art, then who am I to say it's not?

Do you have any tips or inspiring words for others?
            If you have an idea or a vision, stay true to that.  The only way to be successful as an artist is to execute your vision the way you see it, otherwise you're just working for someone else.

Where else can we find you?
Google+


No comments:

Post a Comment