Monday 28 July 2014

Justin from streetartmecca - An Explorer of the relevance of street art in global culture

About Street Art Mecca : is based in Barcelona but primarily interested in the relevance of street art in global culture. We are featuring artists who are interacting with their environment, social and political circumstances and detailing the reaction it creates in their societies. 
The long term objective is to create a network artists who can link to each other  

He is an artist/creative person/ art admirer, film maker. Journalist with street art as a special interest.

How is art important in people’s lives?
I believe art is in people’s lives transcends language and conveys emotion.

Do you have a favorite artist?
My Favorite artist is Rembrandt. I likes his work because :viewing his work compels deep thought.

What's your favorite place to see art?
Favorite place to see art is -The street. I always have my eyes open for new messages I get from the art form.

Do you own any pieces of art?
I have A collect from artist friends.

What’s your favorite piece of work that you have created? 
My favorite piece of work that I have created is : A feature length documentary in English about street art in Barcelona.

Street art created by participants at US Barcelona Program in early Jan 2014:



What are you working on at the moment?
I am now  working on A film about Jorge Rodriguez Gerada.
He doesn’t sell his his art , but you can view some of his films here:


Do you sell your work?
I don’t sell my art for a living, but accept commissions for commercial video clips.

 Do you think your country’s government gives enough financial support to local artists?
According to me Country’s government absolutely doesn't give enough financial support to local artists

Do you support local artists?
To support local artist he made films about their work to increase their global exposure.

What are you doing when you’re not creating?
When I am not creating I will be playing with my son Joel and play the guitar.

 What would people be surprised to learn about you?
I envy people who can dance well.

Technically, what would you consider to be a piece of art? Why?
To me, a piece of art is something that transmits a message however meek or powerful, however understood or misunderstood, however small or big. Art are the ideas we give to everyone who can see them, hear them or feel them. Technique is just the mechanism to transmit your idea.

Inspiring words for others :”You only fail when you give up. “

Where else we can find him:
@justininbcn
www.streetartmecca.com

No comments:

Post a Comment