Tuesday 5 August 2014

Calligraphie Koom: Passion of Calligraphy, Scribbling, handball lettering , the handmade , gifts personalized , the decor




Are you an artist/creative person/ art admirer?
I'd rather say that I practice and develop my creativity through the art of letters that I love particularly!

How is art important in people’s lives?
                I think it permit them, and us, to see special beauty , to reflect  and to be inspired

Do you have a favorite artist?Why do you like him/her?               
I like a painter whose name is Faith (faith-artist.com): her work is gorgeous, it combines arabic calligraphy with colors, graff, a lot of imagination, and references to the nature.. Every painting has its own story to tell

What's your favorite place to see art? Do you have a gallery/museum-going routine?
                I don't really go in museums or galleries, i'd rather find out creative pieces and original artists through internet, social medias


Do you own any pieces of art? If so, what are they?
                No, I don't

If you are an artist, what’s your favorite piece of work that you have created?
                I consider myself as a student, so I don't have a piece that I made that really makes me proud.. For the moment at least!




What are you working on at the moment?
                As I’m a calligray/lettering lover, I keep practicing these both areas and I take orders of customers when there are

Do you sell your work? If so where all do you sell your work?     
Yes, I do, I have a website: www.calligraphiekoom.com where people can order and personalize their creations. I ad new things on the website step by step

Do you make a living off your art?
                It is not, for the moment, my major source of income, because I opened my website just a few months ago, but I hope that I will be able to live off my work, it's one of my goal

Do you think your country’s government gives enough financial support to local artists?               
Hmmm, I don't think so, being a local artist is seen as an insecure position, same thing if you are a small entrepreneur. Some supports exist of course, but they don't really make people want to create/develop their own activity I think..

Do you support local artists? If so, how?
                I try to support in the best way creative initiatives, entrepreneurs, not necessary in my city, but in my country in general (France) and even abroad, by buying their products, sharing their work...

What are you doing when you’re not creating? What (other) hobbies do you have?
         I read, I go to lectures, seminars, I like to learn other languages and keep improving myself in letter art

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
                 that I completely live off my passion

Technically, what would you consider to be a piece of art? Why?
                Something that somebody imagined/created/transformed, and where we can find, just by looking at it, some [subjective] beauty that wasn’t there before the person worked on it

Do you have any tips or inspiring words for others?        
Do what you like to do, don't waste your time doing something you hate, just because people around you say that it's “safer”. Be confident, prove them that you're capable of doing great things!

Where else can we find you?
                Blog: calligraphiekoom.wordpress.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/calligraphie.koom
Twitter: @CalligraphieK
Instagram: calligraphie_koom

Pinterest: http://fr.pinterest.com/calligraphiek/
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/107543972258008368652/posts (Calligraphie koom)

Can you give more insight about you and your work?
                I love the art of letters, whether it's graff, hand lettering, latin calligraphy etc.. I do personalized cards, bookmarks, creations on paper or any special orders in latin calligraphy and in hand-lettering; My pen's serve your imagination!

Have u displayed your works in gallery/art fest? If yes please share more details

                Not yet, but soon maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment