Monday 4 August 2014

Manchester Artist: Fine, Comic, Model and Prop "Sunshinejack"



How is art important in people’s lives?
                Art determines everything from what you wear to what you listen to
Do you have a favorite artist? Why do you like him/her?              
Ed Kienholz
I saw his exhibition at the Baltic (Gateshead, UK) and it was that moment that I knew I wanted to be an artist.

What's your favorite place to see art?Do you have a gallery/museum-going routine?
                I don't really hold Gallerys in high regards, though I do still appreciate them, I don't use them as a means of inspiration.

Do you own any pieces of art? If so, what are they?
                I own a few sculptures and a painting by artists from my University Course.

If you are an artist, What’s your favorite piece of work that you have created? (Including a link and/or photo would be great!)  “Shooting Experiences of US citizens” is a personal favorite but my other videos get better reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjKdKTfx_5M


If you are an artist, What are you working on at the moment?
                I'm working alongside other artists to put on an exhibition regarding the relationship between war and video games.

Do you sell your work? If so Where all do you sell your work?
                I try not to.

If you are an artist, Do you make a living off your art?    
                Art is my part-time hobby and full-time passion.

Do you think your country’s government gives enough financial support to local artists?               
No.

Do you support local artists? If so, how?
                Yes, I go to their shows, buy work I like and promote exhibitions

What are you doing when you’re not creating? What (other) hobbies do you have?       
                I'm a bit of a nerd, I like comic books and video games.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
                I used to produce the comic-book “Sunshinejack”

Technically, what would you consider to be a piece of art? Why?
                A piece of art is something made to leave a mark on the world that goes beyond the life of the artist and to make people think.


Do you have any tips or inspiring words for others?        
                Do it for yourself and nobody else.

Where else can we find you?         
                @SunshinejackUK

Can you give more insight about you and your work
                I'm a fairly political artist with a background and interest in military history and global events.
I try to make work that doesn't take a side but instead displays fact, allowing the viewer to draw their own conclusions.

Have u displayed your works in gallery/art fest? If yes please share more details              

                I have shown work in several exhibitions in Manchester and several more to come. Keep your eye on Manchesters art scene and it won't take you too long to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment