Saturday 2 August 2014

Katsura Yamamoto - A sculptor from Japan


Katsura Yamamoto
A sculptor living in Japan. I wish everybody can,especially Japanese, enjoy your creativity and imagination. I also learn English.

1960 Born in Tokyo
1986 Graduated from Tokyo National University of Fine Art MUsic
1990 Solo exhibition,Miyuki Gallery
1998 "Three Artist Exhibition" Kohoku Tokyu S.C Yokohama
2000 "Stone Sculpture 5" Wada Gallery Tokyo('0'0'0'05)
2002 "Two Artists Exhibiytion" Gallery Togeisha Tokyo('0)
2003 "Animal Exhibition" K.PLANET Tokyo
2006 "Two Artists Exhibition" Bankokubashi Gallery Tokohama
2007 "Small Size Exhibition" Miyuki Gallery 
2009 "Okashi Tanoshi Omoshiroshi" Gallery Tyoukou
        "Hommage to Baily" Miyuki Gallery
2010 "Synergy" Architecture hall Tokyo
2012 "Breath of Spring" Roppongi Gallery Tokyo

Public Works    :Oono City Library Gihu
                        Grand Meson Yokkaichi Apartment







Vase made ​​of Clay

1. Are you an artist/creative person/ art admirer?
 I'm an artist, a sculptor.


2. How is art important in people’s lives?
Everyone needs creativity it makes fertilize your life.

3. Do you have a favorite artist?Why do you like him/her?
Leonardo da Vinci , I get overwhelmed by his power of expression.

4. What's your favorite place to see art?
I like to find out old statue on roadside. I'm don’t get time to come across it at modern gallery.

5. Do you own any pieces of art? If so, what are they?
I have my works. These are stone sculpture, mostly granite stone.


6. What’s your favorite piece of work that you have created?
My favorite works are animal shape of it, seal, weasel,etc..       This is my website: yamamotokatsura.com

7. What are you working on at the moment?
Now I'm trying to make human shape.

8. Do you sell your work? If so where all do you sell your work?
Yes, I sell my works when I have exhibitions at some galleries.
 
Small sculpture exhibition at Ginza miyuki gallery
9. Do you make a living off your art?
No,I cannot . I have other job; teaching art at high school, having pottery class and making baskets.

10. Do you think your country’s government gives enough financial support to local artists?
I don't think so. They don't think its important part of art in this society.

11. Do you support local artists?
No, I don't have leeway to support them.

12. What are you doing when you’re not creating? What (other) hobbies do you have?
Making things is a kind of like a hobbies.When I'm not making sculpture I make baskets or something and learning English.
Handmade Basket

Handmade Basket
13. What would people be surprised to learn about you?
Some friends said to me "How come you come up with ideas to make things?" I like to think of something how to make things.

 14. Technically, what would you consider to be a piece of art? Why?
When I'm making my sculpture, I'm always consider how to express beautiful shape of animals. Actually their existence is fabulous themselves.

15. Do you have any tips or inspiring words for others?
I believe in action, not saying.  Well done better than well said.

16. Where else can we find you?
twitter: @GranitEnglish  


No comments:

Post a Comment